Thursday, June 9, 2011

Regged and On The Road

I'm not sure any state agency in Connecticut is more disliked than the Department of Motor Vehicles. The lines are often long, and I'm always hearing complaints about surly employees, horrendous wait times, finally getting to an examiner's window only to find that you need this or that additional form or document - the list of grievances goes on and on.

Even though I usually don't have too many problems at the DMV, I decided on Wednesday to get there early and just get the registration process over with.  I had all the necessary paperwork ready - completed Bill of Sale, insurance card, and the application form (which I had picked up earlier in the week so I wouldn't have to waste time filling it out there.)  It was hot and humid that day, even at 8 in the morning when I got there, and the DMV is air-conditioned so I didn't really care how long I would have to wait - at least I'd be comfortable while waiting.

As it turned out, though, I was only the 8th person in line. The examiners were all friendly and helpful, and I was out of there by 8:30, licence plates for the '60 in hand.

May you always be this awesome, DMV.

No comments:

Post a Comment